In this feature we provide you with 10 packing tips that will make your pre-move process fast and efficient! Packing and moving is one of those processes where many people put little to no thought on how to move in an organized fashion. Sure this is fine for some people – maybe college students who have minimal belongings. But if you own a home and have lived there for a number of years the belongings can really stack up. For people who don’t plan ahead sure it can save them in prep time but ultimately not planning your move can cost you much more time and effort than if you were to be organized and have a moving plan. Check out the tips below to get your moved dialed in!
- Gather packing supplies before you start. There’s nothing more frustrating, then having to stop half-way through a packing session in order to get more supplies. For more info on essential packing supplies click HERE.
- Packed boxes should weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Pack heavier items on the bottom.
- Stuff socks, scarves, pillow cases and other small fabric items in holes and crevices in boxes – just make sure you keep pairs of socks together!
- Keep an inventory list of each box and its contents. This will be necessary if a box goes missing and you need to make a claim.
- Keep clothing in dresser drawers.
- Keep a box labeled “Load last, unload first” for the essentials you’ll need when you arrive.
- Keep items from the same room together as much as possible. This will make it easier to sort the contents after you move.
- Keep important records with you. Do not move them with the rest of your household goods. If you cannot take them with you in the car, then send them on ahead with a secure courier company.
- Get everyone involved by making a task list, then dividing out the jobs that each person can do. Organizing your household will not only save you time and energy, but will make your whole family feel like part of this adventure.
If you decide to use a team of professional movers for your upcoming move, please feel free to contact Muscle Man Moving. Our team has lots of experience getting individuals and families settled in to their new homes and we would be more than happy to demonstrate just how easy and hassle-free your move can be. Feel free to learn a bit more about our pricing, or even get a quick quote from us to get an idea of how much your move is likely to cost. Once you are ready to start scheduling your move with us, book your move so that we can start getting the ball rolling… you will feel like you are settled into your new home in no time!