You’ve chosen a date, picked out your dream home, or so we’d like to think; and now you’re ready for the dreadful task of choosing a company and booking your move. Whether you have been recommended to a company or are calling around getting prices; there are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a moving company. It is highly encouraged to look into the company or companies you’re considering. We strongly recommend searching reviews on major review sites such as Yelp and Google. Muscle Man Moving proudly holds a 5 star rating on both sites and has some awesome reviews to help justify our work. The Better Business Bureau is also a great place to check out reputations and quality service experiences to assure you’re choosing the right company. Consider it a “brownie point” if a company is confident enough to recommend looking up their reputation. It’s easy for someone to write a bad review about a company when they’ve had a bad experience but not so easy to get them to write a good recommended review after the service is completed and they want to continue on with their lives. So take into consideration the amount of reviews and the rating of each one because that will tell you a lot about a company and its service.
The booking process will be your first impression of a company on a personal level and this leaves you to decide who will be handling your most valuable possessions. At Muscle Man Moving, we take pride in our round the clock answering service by staff who is passionate about their job and the company they work for.
You will probably have some basic questions, such as: What is the hourly rate? Ae there any hidden charges? How many movers will be included? How is payment received? These are all good questions and should be answered without hesitation by the sales rep.
Let’s start with getting a price.
- Be very careful of any hidden fees or extra charges a company may have that they don’t tell you about right away. Some companies will charge for random steps or long walks; sometimes things that you wouldn’t even think of.
- At Muscle Man Moving, we’re proud of our pricing! It’s BLACK and WHITE. We like to be straight forward with our prices that way it gives our customers a good idea of how much their move will be.
- Get a clear understanding of how many movers and how many trucks a specific hourly rate includes. Be even more clear as to what all is included if a company is charging a flat rate.
- Understand that for the most part, the estimate you are receiving is in fact an ESTIMATE and the price is subject to change due to any situations a mover may face. For the most part, all companies can give you a basic idea of the amount of time it will take due to their experiences alone; and most movers more often than less work at about the same pace.
Give proper information.
- In order to get the most accurate estimate possible, and avoid any unprepared situations, make sure to include as much information as possible. There’s no such thing as “too much” information!
- If any disassembling or reassembling of any furniture is required, this may need special tools and could affect time.
- Any stairs, steps, elevators or long walks are important to include because it usually affects the time it takes for the move and may require special equipment
- If any additional boxes are needed for your items, let them know prior to arrival so they can come prepared. It really slows down a move when there are miscellaneous items laying around and no box to put them in; this requires many unnecessary trips to the truck.
- Inform them of any concerns you may have that may need special attention, such as oversized or fragile furniture. This way, proper protection can be provided so nothing gets damaged.
Dates and times.
- For the most part a company should have no problem scheduling your move in advance and giving you secure slot in the calendar.
- Always expect a window of at least an hour for the movers to arrive. Our movers will always let you know if we’re going to be late but it does happen sometimes.
- If it is in the middle of the busy season or just a busy day, allow more than an hour window for arrival. Especially if you have a later appointment or are aware that there may be a move(s) before yours. Sometimes it is out of the movers hands as far as what the job before entails
After you book your move, it is usually in the hands of the movers to take care of you from that point on. We like to send reminder emails but our movers like to communicate personally with customers to establish trust and professionalism.
If you’re interested in moving with us, we’d love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have!